Join the Writing Pad community!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Writing Prompt 2/3/10 - Your Crazy Family


by Amy Robinson

I'm so excited for Chad Gervich's class this Saturday morning! There is only 1 spot left, so call 323-333-2954 quick if you wanna take an amazing Sitcom class with a successful TV writer/producer (did I mention, he's a great teacher too?).

Chad's class isn't all we've got up our long sleeves. In February, there are 4 more great classes available! Call 323-333-2954 before they are all filled up.

ALSO: Don't forget to submit your short story/personal essay/poems to Chi Chi's Word Parlor for their March show. The Deadline is Midnight on February 15th and the theme is "Dirty." Check out the Chi Chi's MySpace page for submission and performance details. Maybe this time, Chi Chi will finally make it to the show!

Thinking about Chi Chi reminded me of all of the crazy people in my family. It inspired the writing prompt this week. Check it out below.

Writing Prompt: What is the craziest thing your brother/sister/cousin ever made you do? (or what what the craziest thing you ever made your brother/sister/cousin do, you little rascal...) Make a list of five. Pick one and write whatever comes to mind for ten minutes. Then post it in the comments of this blog. Every story comment gets you an opportunity to win a free class!

4 comments:

Writing Pad said...

I don't think I inspired any trouble with my sister because she is 14 years older than me (I'm not lying). However, I did get my best friend's brother to strip down to his underwear in front of our parents when he was 5 on a dare. I still feel guilty.

He was bothering Hope and me while we were French braiding each other's hair or something like that in her pink bedroom, and we wanted him to go away. I hope I didn't scar him for life!

Erin said...

Do you remember that show "You Can't Do That on Television?" on Nickelodeon (this is piggybacking on the last Writing Prompt, but oh well:)?

When we were little, I used to baby-sit my sister (I was eight, and she was six). One day, I made her pretend like we were on the show, re-enacting when Alaisdair gets slimed after he says "I don't know". I can't believe I remember that guy's name, although I admit I had to google it. We both said "I don't know" on purpose and squeezed shampoo out of bottles on top of each other's heads.

My little sister ended up getting shampoo in her eyes and crying, and I ended up getting in trouble later. In retrospect, I should have enlisted my teddy bear instead as a stunt double. But we both had very clean hair that night for dinner.

Writing Pad said...

Erin--I LOVE this story! It is hilarious. I love that the sisters were trying to imitate the "slime" scene! I enjoyed the concept of the teddy bear as a stunt double, and that they both had very clean hair for dinner. Great job!

Marilyn

Writing Pad said...

Kristina,
I love this story! It is so evil and entertaining! I love the sinister music, the dialogue, and the canned peas.

Thanks so much for posting!

Marilyn