By Halie Rosenberg and Marilyn Friedman
Here are 5 great ideas for anyone on your list!
1. The Gift of Writing. Know someone who loves to write or who has been dreaming about writing a book or screenplay? Writing Pad offers gift certificates in many denominations and packages them in pretty envelopes. Or if your creative friends and family live far away, send them one of Writing Pad's new online or live streaming classes. Let them experience Marilyn's wonderful writing prompts and mini craft lectures from the comfort of their own sofa. Right now, there are two exciting options to choose from: And You Thought Your Family Was F@&ked Up: Developing Compelling Characters From Real Life or Mini Writing Pad Bootcamp.
Cost: $55 per online class, $29.99 per live streaming class, gift certificates vary
2. The Gift of Dessert. It's no secret that at Writing Pad, we LOVE special desserts. Currently, we are drooling over these classic Parisian Macaroons from Saveurs, a gourmet cuisine company right here in LA! With delicious flavors like Pistachio, Chocolate, Raspberry, Cappuccino, Pecan-Caramel, and Cinnamon, they are the perfect hostess gift for holiday parties and dinners! You can freeze them until you are ready to gift them or eat them yourself.
Cost: 12 Macaroons for $18
3. The Gift of Literature. Whether you need to buy a gift for a foodie, fellow writer, or your young, angst ridden nephew, Writing Pad's new faculty bookstore has got you covered. All books are shipped by Amazon and can be expedited if necessary!
Cost: Varies by book
4. The Gift of Light. Everyone loves a good candle. It sets a mood and makes any room more peaceful and tranquil. We love these locally made soy candles from Pure Sense by Paula. How could you not be inspired to write when lighting the Red Currant or Vanilla Grapefruit candle? You can order them online or visit Paula's Studio City store.
Cost: $10.50 or $24.95
5. The Gift of You. Short on cash? Wow your loved ones with an ode, a story, or a heartfelt letter. Print it out on nice paper and use a presentation envelope if you like. It’ll be a unique gift they’ll hold dear forever.
Happy Holidays from Writing Pad! We hope that Santa brings you everything that you've been wishing for!!!