Summer is always sure to be full of weddings, parties, and family reunions. Extend the fun of your summertime celebrations at Writing Pad. You don't even have to dress up! Your pen will dance on the page like drunk Uncle Jim at your best friend's wedding reception. Call 323-333-2954 or email email@example.com to enroll in our classes before they fill up!
- Fictitious Fiction: Navigating The Literary Unknown with Antoine Wilson, Grace Krilanovich, Melissa Clark (Fri., July 22)
From The In Crowd To The Down And Loud: Exploring The Young Adult Experience with Ron Koertge, Jessica Brody, Derek Taylor Kent (This Fri, July 29)
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Tues. p.m.'s online, Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- From Bedtime Stories To Tales of Teenage Woe: Writing for Kids and Young Adults (Sun. a.m.'s)
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay (Mon. p.m.'s)
- Get Your Book Published (Sun., July 31)
- Etch a Sketch: A Webisode and Sketch Comedy Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug 21)
- You, In 1200 Words: Writing The Personal Essay (1 Day--Mon., Aug 22)
- Imagination Vacation: A Fiction Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug. 28)
- Short and Sweet: The Art of the Short Story (Wed., Aug. 31)
- Kick-Start Your Novel (Sun., Sept. 11)
Writing Prompt: Make a list of 3 ceremonies that you (or your character) have witnessed or taken part in. Pick one and add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch). Then write a story, poem, or scene about that special occasion, including the sensory detail. Write for 10 minutes, then post your write on the comments of this blog!
For example, I'm going to write about how when I was 10 years old, I was a flower girl at my brother's wedding, and I fainted. What are you going to write about?
Comment on this blog! Write about a memorable ceremony? If you post your 10 minute write in the comments, you could win a free class!