New sections of So You Want To Be a Writer and Finishing School taught by me and the fabulous Aaron Henne start the Wednesday night after Thanksgiving (in just 1 week). Don’t put your writing dreams off. Write your novel or screenplay this year!
One to Two Day Classes/One Night Stands
- Your Life As A Movie (Tues., Dec. 7 - 1 Spot Left)
- You - Abbreviated and Fascinating: Delicious Personal Essays (Sun., Jan. 16 - 2 Spots Left)
- Hello World, Welcome To My Blog (Sat., Feb. 5 - 4 Spots Left)
- Mini Writing Staycation with Judy Reeves (Sat., Jan. 8 and Jan. 9, Stay tuned for details)
Multi Week Classes
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Wed. nights, Fri. a.m.'s, Sat. a.m.'s starting Dec. 10- 1 Spot Left)
- Finishing School (Wed. nights, Fri. a.m.'s, Sat. a.m.'s starting Dec. 1- 1 Spot Left)
- Your Name In Print: Get Your Work Published (4 Sun. a.m.'s starting Jan. 23 - 3 Spots Left)
- Acting Out: One Writer, One Act (5 Thurs. p.m.'s starting Feb. 17 - 4 Spots Left)
Writing Prompt: Make a list of 5 things that you do to procrastinate. What do you do instead of writing? Pick one or several procrastination techniques off of your list. Write about it (or them) for 10 minutes in any form that you like: a letter, a scene, a poem, a rant, etc. Exaggerate the procrastination technique, take time to describe it in excruciating detail. You can start your piece with the words, “I admit it . . .” Then post the results of your 10 minute write in the comments of this blog!
For instance, my list could be: wash the dishes, pluck my eyebrows, talk on the phone, check Facebook. watch The Tudors. I could start my piece with, “I admit it, I like to watch the Tudors instead of working on my book project.” Stay tuned for my post!
Comment on this blog! What do you do to procrastinate? Write about it for 10 minutes. If you post your write in the comments, you will get free likes and remembers from Marilyn, and you could win a free class at Writing Pad!