Happy Early Independence Day! As you get ready for your weekend excursions and BBQ's, don't forget to sign up for a Writing Pad July class. We have some terrific, new classes on the schedule! Call 323-333-2954 or email email@example.com before they are full!
- Fictitious Fiction: Navigating The Literary Unknown with Antoine Wilson, Grace Krilanovich, Melissa Clark (Fri., July 22)
- From The In Crowd To The Down And Loud: Exploring The Young Adult Experience with Ron Koertge, Jessica Brody, Derek Taylor Kent (Fri., July 29)
- Heart of Darkness: Navigating the Second Act (Mon. p.m.'s)
- Treasure Hunt: Find The Hidden Gems Inside Your Script (Tues. nights)
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Tues. p.m.'s online, Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- From The Page To The Stage: Finish That One-Person Show (Thurs. nights)
- Writing The Great American Novel (Sat. afternoons)
- From Bedtime Stories To Tales of Teenage Woe: Writing for Kids and Young Adults (Sun. a.m.'s)
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay (Mon. p.m.'s)
- Hello World, Welcome to My Blog (Sun., July 10)
- http://www.writingpad.com/classesbydate.htm#CHARACTER (Online--July 16-24)
- Get It On The Page: A Creative Writing Workshop (Sun., July 24)
- Let Your Pilot Take Off: Crafting A Compelling TV Show (Sun., July 24 & 31)
- Mini Writing Pad Boot Camp . . . With Dessert (Online--July 25-31)
- Imagination Vacation: A Fiction Writing Workshop (Sun., July 31)
- Get Your Book Published (Sun., July 31)
Writing Prompt: Make a list of 5 things that you associate with the 4th of July: foods, vacations, parties, smells, sounds, tastes. Then write a story, a poem, or a scene that includes at least one of the items on your list. Write for 10 minutes, then post your write on the comments of this blog! 4th of July makes me think of that time I went to muggy Florida with my parents and our tour guides got drunk on the bus so that's what I'll write about. What are you going to write about?
Comment on this blog! What do you think of when I say, 4th of July? If you post your 10 minute write in the comments, you could win a free class.