By Amy Robinson
Time to go back to school! At Writing Pad you'll fill up your paper, write your books, but definitely won't get any teacher's dirty looks. We've got classes for every kind of student. Call 323-333-2954 or email email@example.com to enroll in our classes before they fill up!
Multi Week Classes
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Tues. p.m.'s online, Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- From Bedtime Stories To Tales of Teenage Woe: Writing for Kids and Young Adults (Sun. a.m.'s)
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay (Mon. p.m.'s)
- It's All About You: A One-Person Show Workshop (Thurs. pm.'s)
One Day Classes
- Etch a Sketch: A Webisode and Sketch Comedy Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug 21)
- You, In 1200 Words: Writing The Personal Essay (1 Day--Mon., Aug 22)
- Imagination Vacation: A Fiction Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug. 28)
- Short and Sweet: The Art of the Short Story (Wed., Aug. 31)
- Kick-Start Your Novel (Sun., Sept. 11)
Writing Prompt: What comes to mind when you think of the going back to school? Make a list of 5 things that pop into your head. Pick one and add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch). Then write a story, poem, or scene about heading back to school, including the sensory detail. Write for 10 minutes, then post your write in the comments of this blog!
For example, I'm going to write about shopping for new jeans, with my Mom, at the cheapest store in town. While the rich kids were across the street getting Levis. What are you going to write about?
Comment on this blog! Write about your back to school experience. If you post your 10 minute write in the comments, you could win a free class!