|The crowd at our "Mad Men" panel|
By Marilyn Friedman
60 people attended our TV Drama panel last Friday. It was a fantastic event with "Mad Men" writers Michael Saltzman and Jason Grote and "Monk"'s Bill Rabkin!
For yet another thrilling Friday night, join us at our TV Horror Panel with EP's and writers Tim Minear and Lee Shipman of "American Horror Story" and "Hemlock Grove" on June 7th.
I hope to see your sun-kissed faces soon! Happy Early Memorial Day! Below are the latest class offerings, followed by a free writing prompt.
Classes Starting May 30-June 6:
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay
- A Novel Approach: Tackling The Long Format Writing Project
- From First Loves To Tales Of Teenage Woe: Writing For Young Adults
- Writing In Series: Crafting Stories That Keep On Telling
- It's Playtime: Writing For Kids
- Dream It, Write It, Pitch It: Screenwriting Bootcamp
- #FameSuccessLove: Harnessing The Power of Twitter
- From Pitch To First Draft: Writing the Television Drama (7 Wk)
- Memorable Memoir: Writing A Compelling Past
- Short and Sweet: The Art of The Short Story
- Writing The Marketable Picture Book
- Memorable Memoir Bootcamp: Make Your True Tales Thrilling
- Addictive Fiction: Writing The Knock Out Novel
- Tales From The Carpool Lane: Writing The Parenting Essay
- So You Want To Be A Freelancer Seminar
- On The Record: Writing and Publishing The Profile
- You In 1200 Words: Writing And Publishing The Personal Essay
- What Do You Think? Writing the Op-Ed or Cultural Essay
Writing For Actors
Pick your one item off of your list. Now add a few specific details about why this thing is so great (e.g. ultra sweet taste, smoky grill marks, launches me back to lazy summers in my backyard in Chicago with just one bite, I hear the cicadas whining and feel the soft blades of grass under my toes). Now for 10 minutes, write a scene or story that includes this item or write an ode to this item, making sure to include at least one of the specific details.
What do you love about BBQ's? Don't forget to share the results of your 10 minute write in the comments of this blog to be entered in the contest for a free class!