The closing of the 405 this weekend will suck, but Writing Pad's classes can take the pain out of being stuck at home this weekend! Sign up for http://www.writingpad.com/classesbydate.htm#CHARACTER, our fantastic online class that will help you develop the most amazing characters you have ever written. Pour yourself some iced tea, grab a cookie, fire up your laptop, and it's almost as fun as being at the Pad! Call 323-333-2954 or email email@example.com to enroll in this class or one of our in-person classes later in the month before they fill up!
- Fictitious Fiction: Navigating The Literary Unknown with Antoine Wilson, Grace Krilanovich, Melissa Clark (Fri., July 22)
- From The In Crowd To The Down And Loud: Exploring The Young Adult Experience with Ron Koertge, Jessica Brody, Derek Taylor Kent (Fri., July 29)
- Heart of Darkness: Navigating the Second Act (Mon. p.m.'s)
- Treasure Hunt: Find The Hidden Gems Inside Your Script (Tues. nights)
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Tues. p.m.'s online, Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- From The Page To The Stage: Finish That One-Person Show (Thurs. nights)
- Writing The Great American Novel (Sat. afternoons)
- From Bedtime Stories To Tales of Teenage Woe: Writing for Kids and Young Adults (Sun. a.m.'s)
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay (Mon. p.m.'s)
- http://www.writingpad.com/classesbydate.htm#CHARACTER (Online--July 16-24)
- Get It On The Page: A Creative Writing Workshop (Sun., July 24)
- Let Your Pilot Take Off: Crafting A Compelling TV Show (Sun., July 24 & 31)
- Mini Writing Pad Boot Camp . . . With Dessert (Online--July 25-31)
- Imagination Vacation: A Fiction Writing Workshop (Sun., July 31)
- Get Your Book Published (Sun., July 31)
Writing Prompt: Make a list of 5 memories or story ideas that you associate with the word "car." Pick one and add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch). Then write a story, a poem, or a scene about this car related item, including the sensory detail. You could write about your first car or a story that includes traffic or a car accident. Write for 10 minutes, then post your write on the comments of this blog!
Comment on this blog! What do you think of when I say, car or first car? If you post your 10 minute write in the comments, you could win a free class.