Join the Writing Pad community!

Friday, May 24, 2013

January/February Comment Contest Winner


By Alana Saltz

We had so many fantastic story submissions for the January/February comment contest. If you didn't win this last round of contests, please continue commenting on this blog with your wonderful stories and poems. Right now you can submit to enter for May/June!

Frankie K. Foster
May I have a drum roll please? The January/February comment contest winner is Frankie K. Foster! Congratulations, Frankie! Frankie gets a free one day class at Writing Pad.

We asked Frankie a couple of questions about her writing process:

Where is your favorite place to write?
My favorite place to write is in the local library. It keeps me away from family obligations and distractions to focus. I love the peace and quiet I find in the library. I also journal everyday.

What inspires you to write? 
80's music mostly. My memoir takes place during the 80's, so I'm using my favorite songs to evoke my past feelings and experiences in order to write.

And here's a little about Frankie: Frankie retired from IBM/New York Wall Street before she was 30 and ended up traveling cross country to Los Angeles to pursue her dream job in animation. She helped launch an animation website (AWN.com) and was a journalist and marketing director for Animation Magazine. She is currently researching and writing a memoir.

You can read Frankie's wonderful piece about her favorite winter activity here.

We hope to see your stories in the comment section of this blog soon.

No comments: