Judy Reeves, the author of the wonderful book, A Writer's Book of Days, visited Writing Pad last weekend and ran a fantastic mini class! She has agreed to come back in March! In the meantime, we have a calendar full of classes to keep you motivated and writing. Follow up on your New Year's resolution to nurture your writing practice. Classes are filling up fast, call 323-333-2954 to RSVP before they are full!
One Day Classes:
- It's All About You: One-Person Solo Show Workshop--1 Day (Thurs., Jan. 13)
- And You Thought Your Family Was F@&ked Up: Developing Compelling Characters From Real Life (ONLINE--Wk of Jan. 17)
- You--Abbreviated and Fascinating: Delicious Personal Essays (Sun., Jan. 16, Sun., Jan. 23)
- Hello World - Welcome to my Blog (Sat., Feb. 5)
- Mini-Writing Bootcamp with Dessert (ONLINE --Wk of Feb 7)
- Your Life On The Silver Screen (Tues. p.m.'s)
- So You Want To Be A Writer (Wed. p.m., Fri. a.m., Sat. a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m., Fri. a.m., Sat. a.m.'s)
- It's All About You: One-Person Solo Show Workshop--4 wk (Thurs. p.m.'s)
- Your Name In Print: Get Your Work Published (Sun. a.m.'s)
Writing Prompt: Our prompt today is borrowed from A Writer's Book of Days. Write what comes to mind when you think of falling asleep. Do you have a ritual to help yourself fall asleep? Have you ever fallen asleep at an inopportune moment? Add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch, sight), then write about it for 10 minutes. Post your sleepy story in the comments of this blog.
Comment on this blog! What happens when you, or your characters, fall asleep? Post your 10 minute write in the comments, and you could win a free class!