We're in the Dog Days of Summer now and Writing Pad classes are hot! hot! hot! Get your pens wagging happily in one of our great new classes. Call 323-333-2954 or email email@example.com to enroll in our classes before they fill up!
Multi Week Classes
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Tues. p.m.'s online, Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- From Bedtime Stories To Tales of Teenage Woe: Writing for Kids and Young Adults (Sun. a.m.'s)
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay (Mon. p.m.'s)
- It's All About You: A One-Person Show Workshop (Thurs. pm.'s)
- Etch a Sketch: A Webisode and Sketch Comedy Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug 21)
- You, In 1200 Words: Writing The Personal Essay (1 Day--Mon., Aug 22)
- Imagination Vacation: A Fiction Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug. 28)
- Short and Sweet: The Art of the Short Story (Wed., Aug. 31)
- Kick-Start Your Novel (Sun., Sept. 11)
Writing Prompt: What comes to mind when you think of the Dog Days? Is it the overwhelming, sticky heat or is it your canine, frolicking in the lake. Make a list of 5 things that pop into your head. Pick one and add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch). Then write a story, poem, or scene about that special occasion, including the sensory detail. Write for 10 minutes, then post your write in the comments of this blog!
For example, I'm going to write about one summer, when I lived in Chicago without AC. The heat was over 90 at midnight, with so much humidity that old folks were dying. What are you going to write about?
Comment on this blog! Write about your dog days? If you post your 10 minute write in the comments, you could win a free class!