By Amy Robinson
Writing Pad has filled the calendar with amazing new classes to help get you through the winter doldrums. Join us for sweet treats and workshops to spark that hibernating writer in you. Call 323-333-2954 or email email@example.com. Spaces are filling up fast, so give us a call during a shopping break!
Dec./Jan. One Day Classes:
- Hello World, Welcome to my Blog (Sat., Dec. 11)
- Fruitcakes and Turkeys - Write Out The Holiday Season (Thurs., Dec. 16)
- It's All About You: One-Person Solo Show Workshop--1 Day (Thurs., Jan. 6)
- Mini Writing Staycation with Judy Reeves (Sat., Jan. 8, Sun., Jan. 9)
- And You Thought Your Family Was F@&ked Up: Developing Compelling Characters From Real Life (ONLINE--Wk of Jan. 17)
- Mini Writing Pad Boot Camp . . . With Dessert (ONLINE--Wk of Jan. 24)
- So You Want To Be A Writer (Wed. p.m., Fri. a.m., Sat. a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m., Fri. a.m., Sat. a.m.'s)
- Your Life On The Silver Screen (Tues. p.m.'s)
- It's All About You: One-Person Solo Show Workshop--4 wk (Thurs. p.m.'s)
- Your Name In Print: Get Your Work Published (Sun. a.m.'s)
There is something in the air! Make a list of 5 things that you think are "contagious." It can be mob madness at Walmart on Black Friday, it can be a yawn or a snappy tune (Gloria Estefan was right about the rhythm getting you.) I seem to pick up every cold or flu that surfs around the winter air. Pick one of the contagious items off of your list, add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch, sight), and write for 10 minutes. Then post the results in the comments of this blog for the chance to win a free class (and for free likes and remembers)!
For example. Here's my write: "Cold, gloppy and stinging all the dry cracks in my cuticles, hand sanitizer eases my whirring mind. This little bottle of gooey alcohol is my only comfort after grabbing the sticky plastic handrail on the mall escalator. Thousands of germs wriggling their imaginary way from my palms into my blood system, creeping into my sinuses until I'm miserable."
Comment on this blog! What comes to mind when I say the word, "contagious?" Post your 10 minute write in the comments, and you could win a free class!