By Amy Robinson
What kind of classes interest you: One day or multi-week, short stories, full-length novel or comedy sketch writing, meeting up with other writers in our gorgeous downtown loft or online in the comfort of your own home? We've got any kind of class that your writer heart desires. Call 323-333-2954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in our classes before they fill up!
Multi Week Classes
- So You Want To Be A Writer? (Tues. p.m.'s online, Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- Finishing School (Wed. p.m.'s, Sat a.m.'s)
- From Bedtime Stories To Tales of Teenage Woe: Writing for Kids and Young Adults (Sun. a.m.'s)
- You In 1200 Words: Writing and Publishing The Personal Essay (Mon. p.m.'s)
- It's All About You: A One-Person Show Workshop (Thurs. pm.'s)
One Day Classes
- Etch a Sketch: A Webisode and Sketch Comedy Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug 21)
- You, In 1200 Words: Writing The Personal Essay (1 Day--Mon., Aug 22)
- Imagination Vacation: A Fiction Writing Workshop (Sun., Aug. 28)
- Short and Sweet: The Art of the Short Story (Wed., Aug. 31)
- Kick-Start Your Novel (Sun., Sept. 11)
Writing Prompt: What comes to mind when you think of your favorite childhood toy? Make a list of 5 toys you remember playing with. Pick one and add a sensory detail to it (smell, taste, sound, touch). Then write a story, poem, or scene about that playful item, including the sensory detail. Write for 10 minutes, then post your write in the comments of this blog!
For example, I'm going to write about Inchie, the inch-worm toy that had a bright yellow saddle. He was like a horsie toy that the other kids rode, only he was a giant, green inch-worm. What are you going to write about?
Comment on this blog! Write about your favorite childhood toy. If you post your 10 minute write in the comments, you could win a free class!